(H) Protective function parameter
Initiating a protective function
A fault (protective function) is initiated by setting the parameter.
This function can be used to check how the system operates at activation of a protective function.
● To initiate a fault (protective function), set the assigned number of the protective function you
want to initiate in Pr. 997.
● The value set in Pr. 997 is not stored in EEPROM.
● When a protective function activates, the inverter trips, a fault is displayed, and a fault signal (ALM,
ALM2) is output.
● The latest fault in the faults history is displayed while the fault initiation function is in operation.
After a reset, the faults history goes back to the previous status. (The protective function gener-
ated by the fault is not saved in the faults history.)
● Perform inverter reset to cancel the protective function.
● For the selectable parameter by Pr. 997 and the corresponding protective functions, refer to page 6-9.
If a protective function is already operating, no fault can be activated by Pr. 997.
The retry function is disabled when a protective function has been initiated by the fault initiation
If a fault occurs after a protective function has been activated, the protective function indication
does not change. The fault is not saved in the faults history either.
5 - 162
The setting range is same with the one for fault data
codes of the inverter (which can be read through
16 to 253
Written data is not stored in EEPROM.
The read value is always "9999".
With this setting, the protective function does not