When the main circuit capacitor life is measured under the following conditions, "forced end"
(Pr. 259 = "8") or", measurement error" (Pr. 259 = "9") may occur, or the status may remain in
"measurement start" (Pr. 259 = "1"). To perform measurement, first eliminate the following condi-
tions. Under the following conditions, even if "measurement complete" (Pr. 259 = "3") is reached,
measurement cannot be performed correctly.
● FR-HC2, FR-CV, MT-RC, or a sine wave filter is connected.
● Terminals R1/L11, S1/L21 or DC power supply is connected to terminals P/+ and N/-.
● The power supply is switched ON during measurement.
● The motor is not connected to the inverter.
● The motor is running (coasting).
● The motor capacity is smaller than the inverter capacity by two ranks or more.
● The inverter is tripped or a fault occurred while the power was OFF.
● The inverter output is shut off with the MRS signal.
● The start command is given while measuring.
● The applied motor setting is incorrect.
Operation environment: surrounding air temperature (annual average of 40 °C (free from corro-
sive gas, flammable gas, oil mist, dust and dirt)).
Output current (80% of the inverter rating)
Since repeated inrush currents at power ON will shorten the life of the converter circuit, frequent
starts and stops of the magnetic contactor must be avoided.
When measuring the main circuit capacitor capacity (Pr. 259 = "1"), the DC voltage is applied to
the motor for about 1 s at power OFF. Never touch the motor terminal, etc. right after powering
OFF to prevent an electric shock.
Life display of the cooling fan
● If a cooling fan speed of less than the specified speed (refer below) is detected, Fan alarm
(FN) is displayed on the operation panel and the parameter unit. As an alarm display, Pr. 255 bit 2
is turned ON and also a warning is output to the Y90 signal and Alarm (LF) signal.
● For the terminal used for the LF signal, set "98" (positive logic) or "198" (negative logic) in any of
Pr. 190 to Pr. 196 (output terminal function selection).
FR-A820-00250(3.7K) or lower, FR-A820-03160(55K) or higher
FR-A840-00126(3.7K) or lower
FR-A820-00340(5.5K) to FR-A820-02330(45K)
FR-A840-00170(5.5K) to FR-A840-03610(132K)
FR-A846-00250(7.5K) to FR-A826-00470(18.5K)
FR-A840-04320(160K) or higher
FR-A842-07700(315K) or higher
Warning level of different inverters
(E) Environment setting parameters
Less than 50% of the rated rotations
Less than 70% of the rated rotations
Approx. less than 1700 r/min
5 - 225