Also note the following points to prevent an accidental failure, injury, electric shock, etc.
Transportation and installation
● Any person who is opening a package using a sharp object, such as a knife and cutter, must
wear gloves to prevent injuries caused by the edge of the sharp object.
● When carrying products, use correct lifting gear to prevent injury.
● Do not stand or rest heavy objects on the product.
● Do not stack the inverter boxes higher than the number recommended.
● When carrying the inverter, do not hold it by the front cover or setting dial; it may fall off or
● During installation, caution must be taken not to drop the inverter as doing so may cause
● Ensure that installation position and material can withstand the weight of the inverter.
Install according to the information in the instruction manual.
● Do not install the product on a hot surface.
● Check the inverter mounting orientation is correct.
● The inverter must be installed on a strong surface securely with screws so that it will not drop.
● Do not install or operate the inverter if it is damaged or has parts missing. This can result in
● Prevent other conductive bodies such as screws and metal fragments or other flammable
substance such as oil from entering the inverter.
● As the inverter is a precision instrument, do not drop or subject it to impact.
● If halogen-based materials (fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, etc.) infiltrate into a Mitsub-
ishi product, the product will be damaged. Halogen-based materials are often included in
fumigant, which is used to sterilize or disinfect wooden packages. When packaging, prevent
residual fumigant components from being infiltrated into Mitsubishi products, or use an
alternative sterilization or disinfection method (heat disinfection, etc.) for packaging. Ster-
ilization of disinfection of wooden package should also be performed before packaging the
● Use the inverter under the following environmental conditions. Otherwise, the inverter may
Temperature applicable for a short time, e.g. in transit.
2.9 m/s² or less for the FR-A840-04320(160K) or higher.
LD, ND (initial setting), HD ratings: –10 °C to +50 °C (non-freezing)
SLD rating: –10 °C to +40 °C (non-freezing)
With circuit board coating, IP55 compatible models: 95% RH or less (non-condensing),
Without circuit board coating: 90 % RH or less (non-condensing)
–20 °C to +65 °C
Indoors (free from corrosive gas, flammable gas, oil mist, dust and dirt)
Maximum 1000 m above sea level for standard operation. After that derate by 3 % for every
extra 500 m up to 2500 m (91 %).
5.9 m/s² or less
at 10 to 55 Hz (directions of X, Y, Z axes)