(A) Application parameters
● To enable dancer control, set "40 to 43" in Pr. 128 "PID action selection".
● Dancer control is enabled only when the PID control valid terminal (X14) signal turns ON when
"14" is set in one of Pr. 178 to Pr. 182 (Input terminal function selection) and X14 signal is assigned.
When the X14 signal is not assigned, dancer control is enabled only by the Pr. 128 setting.
● Input the main speed command (External, PU, Communication). Dancer control is also supported
by the main speed command in all operation modes.
● Input the set point between the terminals 2 and 5 (the setting can be selected using Pr. 133 or
Pr. 609) and input the measured value signal (dancer roll position detection signal) between the
inverter terminals 4 and 5 (the setting can be selected using Pr. 610).
● The action of Pr. 129 "PID action selection", Pr. 130 "PID integral time", Pr. 131" PID upper limit",
Pr. 132 "PID lower limit" and Pr. 134 "PID differential time" is the same as PID control action. In the
relationship between the control amount (%) and frequency in PID control, 0% and 100% are
equivalent to the frequencies set to Pr. 902 and Pr. 903, respectively.
When Pr. 128 is set to "0" or the X14 signal is OFF, regular inverter running not dancer control is
Dancer control is enabled by turning ON/OFF the bits of terminals assigned the X14 signal by
RS-485 communication or over the network.
When dancer control is selected, set the PID output suspension function (Pr. 575 "Output interrup-
tion detection time" = "9999").
When Pr. 561 "PTC thermistor protection level" ≠ "9999", terminal 2 cannot be used for the main
speed command. Terminal 2 becomes the PTC thermistor input terminal.
Selection of set point/measured value input method (Pr. 609, Pr. 610)
● Select the set point input method by Pr. 609 "PID set point/deviation input selection" and the
measured value input method by Pr. 610" PID measured value input selection". Switch the power
voltage/current specifications of terminals 2 and 4 by Pr. 73 "Analog input selection" or Pr. 267
"Terminal 4 input selection" to match the specification of the input device.
● When Pr. 133 "PID action set point" ≠ "9999", Pr. 133 is the set point.
When the set point is set at Pr. 133, the setting frequency of Pr. 902 is equivalent to 0% and the
setting frequency of Pr. 903 is equivalent to 100%.
Tab. 5-237: Input methods
When the same input method has been selected for the set point and measured value at Pr. 609
and Pr. 610, set point input is invalid. (Inverter runs at set point 0%)
After changing the Pr. 73 and Pr. 267 settings, check the voltage/current input switch.Incorrect
setting may cause a fault, failure or malfunction.(For the details of the setting, refer to page 5-389.)
When terminals 2 and 4 are selected for deviation input, perform bias calibration using C3 and C6
to prevent a minus voltage from being entered as the deviation input signal. Input of a minus volt-
age might damage devices and the inverter.
5 - 556
Pr. 609, Pr. 610 settings