(A) Application parameters
Set multiple brake sequence functions (Pr. 641)
● When the second brake sequence function is set, it is possible to switch between and use two
types of brake sequence functions. Turning ON the RT signal enables the second brake sequence
● Select the operation of the second brake sequence function with Pr. 641 "Second brake sequence
Pr. 641 setting
0 (initial value)
Tab. 5-205: Multiple brake sequence functions
● Set "45" in any of Pr. 178 to Pr. 189 (input terminal function selection) to assign the Second brake
sequence open completion signal (BRI2) to the input terminal.
● To use the Second brake opening request signal (BOF2), set "22 (positive logic)" or "122 (negative
logic)" in any of Pr. 190 to Pr. 196 (output terminal function selection) to assign the function to the
● The method of setting the second brake sequence parameters is the same as that for the
corresponding first brake sequence function parameters.
● Switchover of the brake sequence function by RT signal is valid when the inverter is stopped.
If one of the following faults occur while the brake sequence function is enabled, the inverter trips,
shuts off output, and turns OFF the brake opening request signal (BOF).
Tab. 5-206: Protective functions
5 - 488
Brake sequence function when the RT signal is ON
Normal operation (The first and second brake sequence functions invalid)
Second brake sequence mode 1
Second brake sequence mode 2
First brake sequence mode is valid
When (Detection frequency) – (output frequency) ≥ Pr. 285 during encoder feedback control.
When Pr. 285 (Overspeed detection function) = "9999", overspeed is not detected.
When deceleration is not normal during deceleration operation from the set frequency to the frequency
set in Pr. 282 (when Pr. 284 = "1") (except stall prevention operation)
When the BOF signal turned ON while the motor is at a stop. (load slippage prevention function)
When more than 2 s have elapsed after the start command (forward or reverse rotation) is input, but the
BOF signal does not turn ON.
When more than 2 s have elapsed after the BOF signal turned ON, but the BRI signal does not turn ON.
When the inverter had turned ON the brake opening request signal (BOF), but the BRI signal turned OFF.
When more than 2 s have elapsed after the BOF signal turned OFF at a stop, but the BRI signal does not