Continuous multi-point orientation (V/F control, Advanced magnetic flux vector control)
● Orientation command and orientation with STF/STR ON. (Orientation in servo-in status)
● The position data is read at the rising edge of DY. (For the details, refer to the Instruction Manual
● When the position signal is within the creep switchover position, the speed starts up to the creep
speed not to the orientation speed.
● When the position signal is outside the creep switchover position, the speed starts up to the
● The DC injection brake operates if the position signal is within the DC injection brake start position.
● 16-bit data with the FR-A8AX is valid only when the DY signal is ON.
Couple the encoder with the motor shaft or with the shaft that stops the main shaft at the speci-
fied position. Couple it with the speed ratio of 1:1 and without any mechanical looseness.
The DC injection brake operates at orientation stop. Release the DC injection brake as soon as pos-
sible (within several seconds), as continuous operation of the DC injection brake will cause the
motor to overheat, leading to burnout.
Because the servo lock function is not available after orientation stop, provide a holding mecha-
nism, such as a mechanical brake or knock pin, when secure holding of the main shaft is required.
To ensure correct positioning, the encoder must be set in the proper rotation direction, and the A
and B phases must be connected correctly.
If the pulse signal from the encoder stops due to encoder signal loss, etc. during orientation, the
Orientation fault (ORM) signal may be output.
When performing orientation control, enable the DC injection brake. (Refer to page 5-663.) When
the DC injection brake is disabled, orientation operation cannot be completed.
When orientation control is performed, the DC injection brake operates regardless of the External
DC injection brake operation start (X13) signal even when Pr. 11 "DC injection brake operation
time" = "8888" (DC injection brake external selection).
Main spindle speed (encoder)
Orientation complete signal
Continuous multi-point orientation
Orientation speed (orientation switchover speed)
Creep speed (orientation deceleration ratio)
50 ms or more is necessary
Position command latch
(A) Application parameters
Position command latch
5 - 513