Before performing offline auto tuning
Check the following points before performing offline auto tuning:
● A value other than "9999" is set in Pr. 80 and Pr. 81, and Advanced magnetic flux vector control,
Real sensorless vector control or vector control is selected (with Pr. 800).
● A motor is connected. (The motor should not be rotated by the force applied from outside during
● For the motor capacity, the rated motor current should be equal to or less than the rated inverter
current. (It must be 0.4 kW or higher.) If a motor with substantially low rated current compared
with the rated inverter current is used, speed and torque accuracies may deteriorate due to torque
ripples, etc. Set the rated motor current to about 40% or higher of the rated inverter current.
● The target motor is other than a high-slip motor, a high-speed motor, or a special motor.
● The highest frequency is 400 Hz.
● The motor may rotate slightly even if the offline auto tuning without motor rotation (Pr. 96 "Auto
tuning setting/status" = "1") is selected. (The slight motor rotation does not affect the tuning
performance.) Fix the motor securely with a mechanical brake, or before tuning, make sure that
it is safe even if the motor rotates. (Caution is required especially in vertical lift applications.)
● Check the following points for the offline auto tuning with motor rotation (Pr. 96 "Auto tuning
setting/status" = "101").
Torque is not sufficient during tuning.
The motor can be rotated up to the speed close to the rated speed.
The mechanical brake is released.
● Offline auto tuning is not performed correctly when the surge voltage suppression filter
(FR-ASF-H/FR-BMF-H) are inserted between the inverter and motor. Be sure to remove them
before performing tuning.
● Make sure to connect the encoder to the motor without coaxial misalignment during vector
control. Set the speed ratio to 1:1.
(C) Motor constant parameters
5 - 443