This feature allows the device to provide a verbal readout of
on-screen data such as messages and incoming caller information.
This action is called TTS (Text To Speech).
1. From the main Settings page, tap My device tab
2. Select a current Preferred TTS engine from the list of available
options. Select Samsung text-to-speech engine or Google Text-
to-speech Engine. The default is Google Text-to-speech.
• Language: allows you to set the language for spoken text.
• Settings for Google Text-to-speech Engine: allows you to view Open
• Settings for Samsung text-to-speech engine: allows you to configure
the General settings for the Samsung TTS.
• Install voice data: allows you to install voice data for speech synthesis.
4. Configure the General options to alter the settings associated
with this feature:
• Speech rate: adjusts the rate at which on-screen text is spoken by the
• Listen to an example: plays a short example of what the text-to-speech
feature sounds like on your device when activated.
next to the preferred TTS engine configure the