Selecting a Text Input Mode in Swype
1. From a screen where you can enter text, tap the text input field
to reveal the on-screen keyboard.
2. With Swype as your text entry method, select one of the
following text mode options:
• SYM (Symbol)
Note: After typing an initial uppercase character, the
and all letters that follow are in lower case.
Swype Keyboard Overview
• Recipients: a field where you can enter the recipients of the current
message. You can choose from Groups, Favorites, Contacts, or Logs.
• Text Input field: a field where text, number, or other characters can be
• CAPS/ALT key: When in 123ABC mode, this key changes the
capitalization of the subsequent entered characters. When in SYM
mode, this key can show additional symbol characters.
• SWYPE settings: Touch and hold this button to access the Swype
• Text Input mode: There are two available modes: 123ABC and SYM.
123ABC mode contains alphanumeric characters and a few common
punctuation marks. Text mode button indicates SYM.
to use Swype with alphanumeric characters from the
to enter numbers and symbols from the on-screen