Using Face Unlock
This feature uses facial recognition to unlock your phone. This
feature is less secure than PIN, Pattern, and Password locks and can
be bypassed by someone else who looks similar to you.
1. From the main Settings page, tap My device tab
2. Tap Screen lock
3. Read the on-screen notification and tap Next.
4. From the About Face Unlock screen, tap Set it up
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. If your face is not recognized, choose an unlocking method:
Pattern or PIN.
Face unlock options
Once Face unlock is enabled, additional options are available:
• Lock screen widgets allows you to lock the widgets that are displayed
on your home screens.
• Improve facial recognition allows you to improve your device's face
matching capability by capturing your face in different lighting, with or
without glasses, and bearded or clean-shaven. Follow the on-screen
• Presence check requires that you blink when using the Face unlock
feature. This will increase the security of the feature.
• Lock automatically locks the screen 5 seconds after the screen turns
• Lock instantly with power key once enabled, instantly locks the screen
after pressing the power key.
Changing Your Settings