Important! If you are unsuccessful in retrieving your lock pattern or
unlocking your device, please contact your provider for
To unlock your device with a PIN code:
1. Tap Backup PIN (located at the bottom of the screen).
2. Tap Done.
3. If you have forgotten your current pattern, tap Pattern from the
Screen unlock settings menu and follow the procedures
outlined in "Setting an Unlock Pattern"
a new pattern.
To unlock your device using your Google account:
1. Tap Forgot pattern? (located at the bottom of the screen).
2. Tap the Username (email) and Password fields, use the
on-screen keyboard to enter your Google Account credentials,
and tap Sign in to complete the login process.
3. If you have forgotten your Google Account credentials, visit the
Google website to recover them. If you still cannot get your
Google Account credentials, contact your wireless provider for
PIN Lock and Unlock
1. From the main Settings page, tap My device tab
2. Tap Screen lock
3. Enter a PIN number using the numeric keypad and touch
Continue to confirm the password.
Changing Your Settings
on page 311