5. Microphones are used during phone calls and allow other
callers to hear you clearly when you are speaking to them.
There are two microphones on the device:
• Bottom microphone: used during handset mode.
• Top microphone: used while an active call is in the speakerphone mode
and assists in noise cancellation (2 microphone solution).
6. Back key redisplays the previous screen or clears entries.
7. Display shows all the information needed to operate your
phone, such as the connection status, received signal strength,
phone battery level, and time.
8. Front Facing Camera allows you to take pictures while facing
the screen and allows you to video conference.
9. Proximity and Light (RGB) Sensors The proximity sensor detects
how close an object is to the surface of the screen. This is
typically used to detect when your face is pressed up against
the screen, such as during a phone call. The light sensor lets
you use the ambient light level to adjust the screen brightness/
contrast. This sensor decreases screen brightness in dim light.
• In a bright light condition (outdoors), the sensors cause the device to
increase the brightness and contrast for better viewing.
• In dim light conditions, the device decreases the screen brightness to
• While talking on the phone, the sensor detects talk activity and locks the
keypad to prevent accidental key presses.
10. Receiver allows you to hear the other caller.
Understanding Your Device