Message Icons on the Status Bar
Messaging icons are displayed on the Status Bar at the top of the
display when new messages are received. For more information,
refer to "Status Bar" on page 30.
Note: The Messaging application can also be accessed by pressing
and then tapping
Creating and Sending Messages
1. From the Home screen, tap
2. Tap the Enter recipient field to manually enter a recipient.
– or –
• Groups: to select a recipient from the Group list.
• Favorites: to select a recipient from the Favorites list.
• Contacts: to select a recipient from your Contacts list (valid entries must
have a wireless phone number or email address).
• Logs: to select a recipient from a list of recently sent messages.
3. If adding a recipient from either Logs, Contacts, or Group, tap
the contact to place a check mark then tap Done. The contact
displays in the recipient field.
Note: Delete any unnecessary members by tapping their
name/number in the recipient area and selecting Delete.
to select from one of the following: