2. Getting Started/Basic Operations
Charging the Battery
About batteries that you can use with this unit
It has been found that counterfeit battery packs which look very similar to the
genuine product are made available for purchase in some markets. Some of
these battery packs are not adequately protected with internal protection to meet
the requirements of appropriate safety standards. There is a possibility that
these battery packs may lead to fire or explosion. Please be advised that we are
not liable for any accident or failure occurring as a result of use of a counterfeit
battery pack. To ensure that safe products are used, we recommend that a
genuine Panasonic battery pack is used.
• The battery is not charged when the camera is shipped. Charge the battery before use.
• The battery can be recharged even when it still has some charge left, but it is not
recommended that the battery charge be frequently topped up while the battery is fully
charged. (Since characteristic swelling may occur.)
Charging the battery with the charger
• Use the charger, AC adaptor (supplied), USB connection cable (for charger), and battery
that are designed for exclusive use with the camera.
• Charge the battery with the charger indoors.
Connect the charger and the AC adaptor (supplied) with the USB connection
cable (for charger).
• Check the direction of the terminals and plug in/out straight holding onto the plug.
(It may result in malfunction by the deforming of the terminal if it is plugged in obliquely or
in wrong direction.)
Insert the AC adaptor (supplied) into the power outlet.
A Charger (for exclusive use with the camera)
B USB connection cable (for charger)
Attach the battery by paying attention to its direction,
then slide the battery in until it is secure.
• The [CHARGE] indicator E lights up and charging begins.
C AC adaptor (supplied)
D To power outlet