2. Getting Started/Basic Operations
Using the Viewfinder
Rotate the diopter adjustment dial.
• Adjust until you can see the characters displayed in the
Switching the Monitor/Viewfinder
A [LVF] button
B Eye sensor
¢ If [Eye Sensor AF] in the [Custom] ([Focus / Release Shutter]) menu is set to [ON], the
camera automatically adjusts the focus as the eye sensor is activated. The camera does not
beep when focus is achieved with [Eye Sensor AF].
Notes on automatic viewfinder/monitor switching
Bring your eye or an object near the viewfinder to automatically switch to the viewfinder
display using the eye sensor.
• To reduce the battery consumption, set [Power Save LVF Shooting] in [Economy] (P223).
• Eye sensor might not work properly depending on the shape of your eyeglasses, the way you
hold the camera, or bright light shining around the eyepiece. In that case, press [LVF] to switch
• During motion picture playback or a slide show, the camera does not automatically switch the
display to the Viewfinder with the eye sensor.
• The eye sensor does not work depending on the angle of the monitor.