3. Recording Modes
You can change the preset aperture value and shutter speed without changing the
exposure. This is called Programme Shift.
It enables you to, for example, make the background more defocused by decreasing the
aperture value or capture a moving subject more dynamically by slowing the shutter
Press the shutter button halfway and display the aperture value and shutter
speed value on the screen.
While the values are displayed (about 10 seconds),
perform Programme Shift by rotating the rear dial or
A Programme Shift indication
• To cancel Programme Shift, perform either of the following
– Turn off the camera.
– Rotate the front/rear dial until the Programme Shift indication disappears.
• Programme Shift can easily be cancelled by setting a function button to [One Push AE].
Not available in these cases:
• Programme Shift is not available in the following cases:
– When recording using the flash
– When recording 6K/4K photos
– When recording with the Post Focus function
– When the ISO sensitivity is set to [
98 98 98