3. Recording Modes
About [B] (Bulb)
If you set the shutter speed to [B], the shutter stays open while the shutter button is
pressed fully (up to approximately 30 minutes).
The shutter closes if you release the shutter button.
Use this when you want to keep the shutter open for a long time to take pictures of
fireworks, a night scene etc.
• It can only be used with Manual Exposure Mode.
• We recommend using a tripod or the shutter remote control (DMW-RSL1: optional)
when you take pictures with the shutter speed set to [B].
• When you take pictures with the shutter speed set to [B], noise may become visible. To
avoid picture noise, we recommend setting [Long Shtr NR] in the [Rec] menu to [ON]
before taking pictures.
Not available in these cases:
• This function is not available in the following cases:
– When recording using the flash (only when [Flash Synchro] is set to [2ND])
– When recording in Burst Mode (only when [Burst Shot Setting] is set to [SH2]/[SH1]/[SH2
– When recording 6K/4K photos
– When recording with the Post Focus function
– When recording in [High Resolution Mode]
– When recording with the Bracket function
– When [Silent Mode] is set to [ON]
– When using the electronic shutter
– When [HDR] is set to [ON]
– When using [Time Lapse Shot]
– When using [Stop Motion Animation] (only when [Auto Shooting] is set)