About the picture data
• Recorded data may be damaged or lost if the camera breaks down due to inappropriate
handling. Panasonic will not be liable for any damage caused due to loss of recorded data.
About tripods or unipods
• When you use a tripod, make sure the tripod is stable when this unit is attached to it.
• You may not be able to remove the card or the battery when using a tripod or unipod.
• Make sure that the screw on the tripod or unipod is not at an angle when attaching or detaching
the camera. You may damage the screw on the camera if you use excessive force when
turning it. Also, the camera body and the rating label may be damaged or scratched if the
camera is attached too tightly to the tripod or unipod.
• When using this unit with a large-diameter lens, the lens may come into contact with the
pedestal depending on the tripod/unipod. Tightening the screw with the lens and pedestal in
contact with each other may damage this unit or the lens. Therefore it is recommended to
attach the tripod adaptor (DMW-TA1: optional) before mounting on the tripod/unipod.
• Read the operating instructions for the tripod or unipod carefully.
About the shoulder strap
• If you attach a heavy interchangeable lens (more than about 1 kg/35.3 oz) to the camera body,
do not carry the camera by the shoulder strap.
Hold the camera and the lens when carrying them.