11. Connecting to other equipment
Operating the camera from a PC
Install "LUMIX Tether" to the PC.
Connect the computer and camera with the USB connection cable (supplied).
• Please turn on this unit and your PC before connecting.
• Check the direction of the terminals and plug in/out straight holding onto the plug.
(It may result in malfunction by the deforming of the terminal if it is plugged in obliquely or
in wrong direction.)
Do not connect devices to incorrect terminals. Doing so may cause malfunction.
• Do not use any other USB connection cables except the supplied one.
A [USB/CHARGE] socket
B USB connection cable (supplied)
Press 3/4 to select [PC(Tether)], and then press [MENU/SET].
• If [USB Mode] is set to [PC(Tether)] in the [Setup] menu in advance, the camera will be
automatically connected to the PC without displaying the [USB Mode] selection screen.
Use "LUMIX Tether" to operate the camera from the PC.
• When the camera is connected to the PC via [PC(Tether)]:
– The camera will be set to Recording Mode.
– Wi-Fi/Bluetooth function cannot be used.
] is displayed on the screen.
– Instead of the number of recordable pictures, [PC] will appear on the screen if you perform
recording without inserting a card into the camera.
– The HDMI cable can be connected to the camera at the same time.