4. Focus, Brightness (Exposure) and Colour tone Settings
Press the shutter button halfway.
• You can also perform the same operation by pressing [MENU/SET].
• If you have enlarged the picture by rotating the focus ring or moving the focus lever, the
assist screen will close approximately 10 seconds after the operation.
• MF Assist and MF Guide may not display depending on the lens used. You can, however,
display MF Assist by directly operating the camera using the touch screen or a button.
• When [Focus Switching for Vert / Hor] in the [Custom] ([Focus / Release Shutter]) menu is
enabled, you can set the position of the enlarged MF Assist display for each orientation of the
• The focus distance reference mark A is a mark used to measure
the focus distance.
Use this when taking pictures with Manual Focus or taking close-up
Achieving focus quickly using Auto Focus
If [AF/AE LOCK] is pressed in Manual Focus, Auto Focus will work.
• Auto Focus works at the centre of the frame.
• Auto Focus also works with the following operations.
– Pressing the function button to which [AF-ON] is assigned
– Touching [
– Dragging the monitor and releasing your finger at the position
you want to focus on
• This function is not available when [4K Live Cropping] is set.
[Focus / Release Shutter] > [AF/AE Lock] > [AF-ON]