9. Using Menu Functions
As long as the camera is held steady, the camera will automatically adjust the focus and
focus adjustment will then be quicker when the shutter is pressed.
• The battery will be consumed faster than usual.
Not available in these cases:
• This function is not available in the following cases:
– In Preview Mode
– In low light situations
[Eye Sensor AF]
The camera automatically adjusts the focus when the eye sensor is active.
• [Eye Sensor AF] may not work in dimly lit conditions.
[Pinpoint AF Setting]
[Pinpoint AF Time]
[Pinpoint AF Display] Sets whether to display the assist screen in a window or full screen.
[AF Assist Lamp]
AF assist lamp will illuminate the subject when the shutter button is pressed half-way
making it easier for the camera to focus when recording in low light conditions.
• The effective range of the AF Assist Lamp is different depending on the lens used.
– When the interchangeable lens (H-ES12060) is attached and at Wide:
Approx. 1.0 m (3.3 feet) to 3.5 m (11 feet)
– When the interchangeable lens (H-FS12060) is attached and at Wide:
Approx. 1.0 m (3.3 feet) to 3.0 m (9.8 feet)
• Remove the lens hood.
• The AF Assist Lamp gets slightly blocked when the interchangeable lens (H-ES12060/
H-FS12060) is used, but it does not affect the performance.
• The AF Assist Lamp may be greatly blocked, and it may become harder to focus when a lens
with large diameter is used.
• The setting is fixed to [OFF] in the following cases.
– When [Silent Mode] is set to [ON]
Sets the time for which the screen is enlarged when the shutter
button is pressed halfway.