6. Stabiliser, Zoom and Flash
Preventing jitter (camera shake)
When the jitter alert [
remote control (DMW-RSL1: optional).
• Shutter speed will be slower particularly in the following cases. Keep the camera still from the
moment the shutter button is pressed until the picture appears on the screen.
We recommend using a tripod.
– Slow Sync.
– When you set to a slow shutter speed
• When using an interchangeable lens with O.I.S. switch (such as H-ES12060), stabiliser
function is activated if the O.I.S. switch of the lens is set to [ON]. ([
[Rec] > [Stabilizer]
Jitter during motion picture recording is corrected along the vertical,
horizontal, roll, pitch, and yaw axes by making use of the In-Lens Image
Stabiliser, In-Body Image Stabiliser, and Electronic Image Stabiliser. (5-Axis
Hybrid Image Stabiliser)
• When [ON] is selected, the angle of view of recorded motion pictures may
] appears, use [Stabilizer], a tripod, the self-timer or the shutter
Camera shake is corrected for up/down,
left/right, and rotational movements.
Camera shake is corrected for up/down
This mode is ideal for panning (a method of
taking pictures which involves turning the
camera to track the movements of a
subject which continues to move in a fixed direction).
[Stabilizer] does not work. ([
• When using a lens with an O.I.S. switch, set the switch to
– Slow Sync./Red-Eye Reduction
] is set at the time of