4. Focus, Brightness (Exposure) and Colour tone Settings
Fixing the Focus and the Exposure (AF/AE
Lock the focus and exposure in advance to take pictures with the same focus and
exposure settings while changing the composition.
This is useful when you want to bring an edge of the screen into focus or there is a
backlight, for example.
Align the screen with the subject.
Press and hold [AF/AE LOCK] to fix the focus
• If you release [AF/AE LOCK], AF/AE Lock is cancelled.
• Only the exposure is locked in the default setting.
While pressing [AF/AE LOCK], move the
camera as you compose the picture and then
press shutter button fully.
A AE Lock indication
Setting the functions of [AF/AE LOCK]
Only the exposure is locked.
• When the exposure is set, [AEL] is displayed.
Only the focus is locked.
• When the subject is focused, [AFL] is displayed.
Both focus and exposure are locked.
• [AFL] and [AEL] are displayed when the focus and the exposure are
Auto Focus is performed.
• AF Lock only is effective when taking pictures in Manual Exposure Mode.
• AE Lock only is effective when taking pictures with Manual Focus.
• The subject can be focused again by pressing the shutter button halfway even when AE is
• Programme Shift can be set even when AE is locked.
[Focus / Release Shutter] > [AF/AE Lock]