A Wi-Fi connection cannot be established.
Radio waves get disconnected.
Wireless access point is not displayed.
General tips for using a Wi-Fi connection
• Use within the communication range of the device to be connected.
• Is any device, such as microwave oven, cordless phone, etc., that uses 2.4 GHz frequency
> Radio waves may get interrupted when used simultaneously. Use them sufficiently away
from the device.
• When the battery indicator is flashing red, the connection with other equipment may not start or
the connection may be disrupted.
(A message such as [Communication error] is displayed.)
• If you place the camera on a metal table or shelf, the radio waves may be adversely affected. In
such cases, you may not be able to establish a connection. Move the camera away from the
About a wireless access point
• Check if the wireless access point to connect is in operating state.
• Check the radio wave condition of the wireless access point.
> Move this unit closer to the wireless access point.
> Change the location and orientation of the wireless access point.
• It may not display even if the radio waves exist depending on the setting of the wireless access
> Turn off and on the wireless access point.
> Check the settings of the wireless access point.
> When the network SSID of the wireless access point is set not to broadcast, the wireless
access point may not be detected. Enter the network SSID to start the connection
enable the SSID broadcast of the wireless access point.
This unit is not displayed in the Wi-Fi setting screen of the smartphone.
• From the Wi-Fi setting menu on the smartphone, turn off and then on the Wi-Fi function.
When I try to set up a Wi-Fi connection with a Windows 8 PC, my user name and
password are not recognised, so I cannot connect to the PC.
• Some OS versions, including Windows 8, use two types of accounts: a local account and a
Be sure to use the user name and password for the local account.