9. Using Menu Functions
Face Recognition is a function which finds a face resembling a registered face and
priorities focus and exposure automatically. Even if the person is located towards the back
or on the end of a line in a group photo, the camera can still take a clear picture.
Enables the Face Recognition function.
Disables the Face Recognition function.
Allows you to register face images, or edit or delete registered information.
You can register information such as names and birthdays for face images of up to
1 Press 3/4/2/1 to select the Face Recognition
frame that is not registered, and then press
2 Take the picture adjusting the face with the guide.
• The faces of subjects other than people (pets, etc.)
cannot be registered.
• To display the description of the face registration,
press 1 or touch [
3 Set the item.
• You can register up to 3 face images.
Change or delete the information for a registered person
1 Press 3/4/2/1 to select the face image to edit or delete and then press
2 Set the item.
It is possible to register names.
• For information on how to enter characters, refer to P64.
It is possible to register the birthday.
To add additional face images.
• Select a blank face image frame to register a new
To delete one of the face images.
• Select the face image you want to delete.
Changing the information of an already registered person.
• Perform step 3 in "Face Settings".
The focus and exposure are preferentially adjusted for
• Rearrange and set the face priority.
Deleting information of a registered person.