1.5.3 Individual parameters
(1) Basic system settings
The following explains each item to be set in Basic System Settings.
(a) Operation cycle setting
1) Set the of motion operation cycle (cycles at which a position command is
computed and sent to the servo amplifier).
The setting range is 0.8ms/1.7ms/3.5ms/7.1ms/14.2ms/Automatic
setting. The actual operation cycle corresponding to 0.8ms is 0.888...ms.
Similarly, 1.7ms corresponds to 1.777...ms, 3.5ms to 3.555...ms, 7.1ms
to 7.111...ms, and 14.2ms to 14.222...ms, respectively.
2) The default value is "Automatic setting". When "Automatic setting" is
selected, the operation cycle is set according to the table below based
on the number of axes for servo amplifier set in the System Settings.
3) If the duration of motion operation has exceeded the operation cycle, the
operation cycle over flag (M2054) turns ON. Even when "Automatic
setting" is selected, the duration of motion operation may exceed the
operation cycle depending on the control conditions. The actual duration
of motion operation (unit:μs) is stored in the D9188, and the current
setting of operation cycle (unit:μs) is stored in the D9197. Monitor these
special registers and adjust the set value of operation cycle so that the
actual duration of motion operation will not exceed the set operation
cycle. (A WDT or other error may occur in the Motion CPU.)
4) The MR-H BN does not support an operation cycle of 0.8 [ms]. If the
MR-H BN is set in the System Settings, 1.7 [ms] is used as the actual
operation cycle even when 0.8 [ms] is set.
5) The MR-J2S- B supports an operation cycle of 0.8 [ms] and 1.7 [ms] in
version B0 or later. When using the MR-J2S- B of Version A4 or
earlier, set the operation cycle as 3.5 [ms] or more.
6) The vector inverter does not support an operation cycle of 0.8 [ms] and
1.7 [ms]. If the FR-V500 is set in the System Setting, 3.5[ms] is used as
the actual operation cycle even when 0.8 [ms] or 1.7 [ms] is set.
Number of axes
1 to 8 axes
9 to 16 axes
17 to 32 axes
1 to 4 axes
5 to 12 axes
13 to 24 axes
25 to 32 axes
1 - 87
Operation cycle setting