15 SECURITY FUNCTION
(1) Procedure for password registration/change
(a) A password and registration condition set in the Motion CPU are displayed.
(b) Enter new password in the password column, and select a registration
condition (Write Protection, Read/Write Protection). It leaves in a blank for
the user data that does not register/change a password.
(c) Push [Execute] key to register a password in the Motion CPU at the
(d) Push [Execute] key to display a screen which checks old password at the
password change. Enter old password, and push [Execute] key. New
password will be registered in the Motion CPU by success of old password
check. When the new password is the same as old password (change for
only registration condition), [Password check] screen is not displayed.
(1) If an user has forgotten a registration password, clear a password (include
user data) of Motion CPU by [Clear All]. However, if [Clear All] is executed,
since all password data and user data will be cleared re-write user data in the
(2) ROM operation can be executed by user data registered a password. The
password setting is also included in the ROM writing/reading data.
(3) When a password is registered or changed, the password data in the project is
also registered or changed. Be sure to save a password.
(4) When an operation is stopped while a registration/change of password by
reset or power OFF of Motion CPU, the data may not be registered. In this
case, register or change a password again to restore the user data.
15 - 2