7 OPERATION CONTROL PROGRAMS
7.6.7 Square root : SQRT
Data on which square root operation will be
(1) The square root of the data specified with (S) is found.
(2) Only a positive number may be specified with (S). (Operation cannot be
performed with a negative number.)
(3) If (S) is an integer type, it is converted into a floating-point type before operation is
(1) An operation error will occur if:
• (S) is a negative number; or
• (S) is an indirectly specified device and its device No. is outside the range.
(1) Program which finds the square root of D0F and substitutes the result to #0F
#0F = SQRT(D0F)
7 - 31
Number of basic steps
Data type of result