7 OPERATION CONTROL PROGRAMS
7.7 Type Conversions
7.7.1 Signed 16-bit integer value conversion : SHORT
Data which will be converted into signed 16-bit
(1) The data specified with (S) is converted into a signed 16-bit integer value.
(2) The data range of (S) is -32768 to 32767.
(3) When (S) is a 64-bit floating-point type, its fractional portion is rounded down
before conversion is made.
(4) If (S) is a 16-bit integer type, its value is returned unchanged, with no conversion
(1) An operation error will occur if:
• The (S) data is outside the range -32768 to 32767; or
• (S) is an indirectly specified device and its device No. is outside the range.
(1) Program which converts the data of D0L into a signed 16-bit integer value and
substitutes the result to #0
#0 = SHORT(D0L)
7 - 40
Number of basic steps
Data type of result
16-bit integer type