Loading the Lower Roll on the Roll Unit (Option)
Follow these steps to load roll paper in the roll unit (Roll 2 (Lower)).
• Always load rolls when the printer is on. If the printer is off when you load a roll, the paper may not be
advanced correctly when you turn the printer on.
• Before loading a roll, confirm whether the inside of the top cover or the output guide is soiled. If these
areas are dirty, we recommend cleaning them in advance. (See
• If using the roll unit as the feed device, depending on the basket position, the ejected roll paper's cut
end enters the roll unit and may cause a paper jam or affect the print quality when set to "Borderless
Printing" or "Trim Edge First" when loading the paper. In this case, change the basket position, and then
1. Tap paper settings display area on Home screen of touch screen.
• If the Home screen does not appear, tap the Home button.
3. Tap Load paper. or Replace paper, check message that appears, and then tap Yes.
• If any cut sheet has been fed, or roll paper that will not be used has been fed from Roll 1 (Upper),
a message is shown requesting you to remove it.
After following the instructions on the screen to remove the paper, redo the operation.
• If roll paper is loaded in Roll 1 (Upper) but Roll 1 (Upper) is not selected as the paper source, a
message asking you whether or not to change paper is displayed.
Tap Replace paper, remove the paper, and go to the next step.
4. Change Roll Holder Lock switch on roll unit to release position.
"Cleaning Inside the Top