Instructions for Use (Printer Driver)
This printer driver is subject to the following restrictions. Keep the following points in mind when using the
Restrictions on the Printer Driver
• Before installing, log on to Windows as user with administrator rights.
• Always check the following before installing the software.
1. Quit the application software while it is running.
2. If you are printing a document, abort printing or wait for it to finish.
3. Close all the printer driver's dialog boxes.
• If you can set the number of copies with the application software, set them either with the printer
driver or the application software.
• If you can configure enlarging/reducing settings with the application software, set the normal size
(100%) in the printer driver, and then configure the magnification factor with the application software.
• Depending on the application software used, it may be possible to print collated copies; however,
please do not use this feature when configuring layout printing with the Page Layout option in the
This may cause incorrect layout.
• When printing enlarged/reduced documents, printed results may come out different due to a
discrepancy between the image data resolution and the enlarging/reducing ratio.
• When printing reduced color images, 1-dot wide lines or points may disappear from the color images.
• Depending on the application software, lines drawn at almost horizontal angles may not print correctly.
If that should happen, re-draw the line horizontally and print one more time.
• Immediately after installing (or updating) the printer driver, you might not be able to visualize new
features in some of the application software.
In all application software provided with printing features, choose Print from the File menu and, after
selecting the printer you are using, click the Properties button.
After the Properties dialog box has opened, immediately close it by clicking OK.
• If characters strings specified as stamps have a large number of characters, or if the characters have
a large point size, you may not be able to print stamp strings.
• If characters strings specified as stamps contain external characters after F040, you will not be able to
print the stamp strings.
• If you update the model name of your printer through the General tab in the printer's Properties, the
Favorites settings registered in the printer driver will be disabled.
In such cases, save the Favorites settings as a file before changing the name of the printer and reload
the saved file after you have updated the printer's name.
• Printing at high resolution requires a large amount of memory on your computer.
When your computer is low on memory or you are using a large number of application software, the
application software may not work correctly.
In such cases, re-start Windows and, before resuming printing, close all the applications you are not
using. Also, when the printer is not printing correctly, switch the Print Quality setting in the Main tab
to a lower resolution.
• When using a local connection, if you do not see a check mark next to the Enable bidirectional
support option in the Ports tab in the printer's Properties, it will not be possible to acquire printer and
device information correctly.