Connecting Smartphone/Tablet to Printer via Wireless LAN Router
You can connect devices (e.g. smartphone, or tablet) to the printer by two methods below.
• Wireless connection (connecting devices via a wireless router)
• Direct wireless connection (connecting devices using direct connection)
This section describes connection via a wireless LAN router.
Follow the procedure below to connect via a wireless router.
Check printer LAN setting.
Connect smartphone/tablet to printer.
• The administrator password is required to change settings if it is enabled for changing settings using
the operation panel.
• Check the usage restrictions and change the printer LAN setting.
Checking Printer LAN Setting
Make sure the
icon is not displayed, follow the procedure below to enable wireless LAN and to connect the
printer to the wireless router.
1. Flick HOME screen and tap
2. Tap Change LAN.
3. Tap Activate wireless LAN.
The printer wireless LAN is enabled and you can connect the wireless LAN you connected previously.
Connecting Smartphone/Tablet to Printer
For Android device
icon is displayed on the upper right on the HOME screen.