Choosing a location
• Never install the printer on an unstable or vibrating surface.
• Do not install the printer in locations that are very humid or dusty, in direct sunlight, outdoors, or close
to a heating source.
To avoid the risk of fire or electric shocks, use the printer under the operating environment specified in
• Do not place the printer on a thick rug or carpet.
• Do not place the printer with its back attached to the wall.
• We recommend ensuring ample space for installation.
• Do not install the printer near sources of strong electromagnetic fields, whether equipment that
generates such fields or places where such fields occur.
• Ensure that the area around the power outlet is kept clear at all times so you can easily unplug the
power cord if necessary.
• Never remove the plug by pulling on the cord.
Pulling the cord may damage the power cord, leading to possible fire or electrical shock.
• Do not use an extension lead/cord.
Working Around the Printer
• Never put your hands or fingers in the printer while it is printing.
• Moving the printer requires at least six people, holding it on both sides. Be careful to avoid back strain
and other injuries.
• When moving the printer, firmly grasp the Carrying Handles under each side. The printer may be
unsteady if you hold it at other positions, which poses a risk of injury from dropping the printer.
• Do not place any object on the printer. Especially do not place metal objects (paper clips, staples,
etc.) or containers of flammable solvents (alcohol, thinners, etc.) on top of the printer.
• Do not transport or use the printer on a slant, vertically or upside-down, as the ink may leak and
damage the printer.
Print Heads/Ink Tanks/Maintenance Cartridges
• Keep ink tanks out of the reach of children. In case ink is accidentally licked or swallowed, rinse out
mouth or give one or two glasses of water to drink. If irritation or discomfort occurs, obtain medical
• In case ink gets in contact with eyes, rinse with water immediately. In case ink gets in contact with
skin, wash with soap and water immediately. If irritation to eyes or skin persists, obtain medical advice
• Never touch the electrical contacts on a print head after printing.
The metal parts may be very hot and could cause burns.
• Do not throw ink tanks and maintenance cartridges into fire.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the print head, ink tanks, and maintenance cartridges.
• Avoid dropping or shaking print head, ink tanks, and maintenance cartridges.