Loading the Upper Roll on the Printer
Follow these steps to load rolls in the printer.
• Always load rolls when the printer is on. If the printer is off when you load a roll, the paper may not be
advanced correctly when you turn the printer on.
• Before loading a roll, confirm whether the inside of the top cover or the output guide is soiled. If these
areas are dirty, we recommend cleaning them in advance. (See
• When using the optional roll unit, you can also load roll paper on the roll unit separately from the printer
that is described here. (See
1. Tap paper settings display area on Home screen of touch screen.
• If the Home screen does not appear, tap the Home button.
3. Tap Load paper. or Replace paper, check message that appears, and then tap Yes.
• If any cut sheet has been fed, or roll paper that will not be used has been fed from Roll 1 (Upper),
a message is shown requesting you to remove it.
After following the instructions on the screen to remove the paper, redo the operation.
• If roll paper is loaded in Roll 1 (Upper) but Roll 1 (Upper) is not selected as the paper source, a
message asking you whether or not to change paper is displayed.
Tap Replace paper, remove the paper, and go to the next step.
4. Open top cover and lift output guide.
"Loading the Lower Roll on the Roll Unit
"Cleaning Inside the Top