The identifier (SSID) for direct connection appears.
The device detects the printer by the identifier (SSID).
• If you tap Details and tap Yes, the following items appear.
• Security setting
• Printer's name which appears on a Wi-Fi Direct compatible device
The password is required when connecting a device to the printer. Depending on the device
you are using, no password is required.
When you connect a Wi-Fi Direct compatible device to the printer, select the device name
displayed on the touch screen from your device.
• The identifier (SSID) and the security setting are specified automatically. To update them, see
Changing Direct Connection Setting
5. Tap OK.
The direct connection is enabled and a device can be connected to the printer wirelessly.
Connecting Smartphone/Tablet to Printer
1. Turn on wireless communication on your device.
Enable "Wi-Fi" on your device's "Setting" menu.
For more on turning on wireless communication, see your device's instruction manual.
2. Select "DIRECT-XXXX-PRO-2000" ("X" represents alphanumeric characters) from list
displayed on device.
• If "DIRECT-XXXX-PRO-2000" does not appear on the list, direct connection is not enabled.
Changing Printer Setting
3. Enter password.
Your device is connected to the printer.
• Check the password for the direct connection.
Check by one of the following methods.
• Display on the touch screen.
• Print the network settings.
to enable direct connection.