Using the Roll Unit In Take-Up Mode
• For details on the roll paper compatible with winding, see "Paper Information List.".
• Before loading the roll paper to be taken up on the roll unit, set the roll unit mode to take-up device on
the printer touch screen. (See
• The following operation assumes that the roll holder is not installed on the roll unit and that roll paper is
not loaded on the roll holder. If the roll holder is installed on the roll unit, first remove the roll holder from
the roll unit, and then remove the roll paper loaded on the roll holder. (See
from the Roll Unit
• Paper winding is possible until the outer diameter of the wound paper is the same as the outer diameter
of the holder stopper.
• When printing on lightweight paper or without a border, the border of the paper may get wrinkled
coming in contact with the roll holder, resulting in poor winding. If these problems occur when winding
using a 2-inch core, remove the spacer held in place by 4 hex screws on the roll holder flange, and then
1. Store basket. (See
2. Push holder stopper lever (A) toward shaft to release lock, and while holding in position (B),
remove holder stopper from roll holder.
3. If taking up roll paper whose paper core has an inner diameter of 3 inches (76.2 mm), insert
3-Inch Paper Core Attachment in roll holder and holder stopper.
Align the 3-Inch Paper Core Attachment tabs (A) with the holes on the roll holder or holder stopper (B)
and insert firmly.
"Switching Roll Unit
"Removing Rolls From the Roll
"Removing the Lower Roll