Erasing Data on Printer's Hard Disk
• The administrator password is required to change settings if it is enabled for changing settings using
the operation panel.
• For a more secure method of preventing data recovery, we recommend physically or magnetically
destroying the hard disk. In this case, the hard disk can no longer be used.
• You cannot erase HDD data if there is a job queue. Additionally, print jobs are not processed while data
erasing is in progress.
Make sure printer is turned on.
2. Flick HOME screen and tap
3. Tap Hard disk settings.
4. Enter administrator password if it is enabled.
5. Tap erasing method.
Erases file management data for print job data stored on the printer's hard disk. Choose this method
for relatively fast erasure. Because only the file management data is erased, the print job data itself
is not erased. Note that it may be possible to read this data using commercial data recovery
Overwrites the entire hard disk with random data. No verification is performed to check if the data
was correctly written. Choose this method to erase highly confidential data. Note that it may be
possible to read the overwritten data using specialized data recovery tools.
Overwrites the entire hard disk with 00, FF, and random data (one time each). Verification is
performed to check if the data was correctly written. Choose this method to erase especially
confidential data. It is virtually impossible to recover the overwritten data. Conforms to the
DoD5220.22-M standard of the U.S. Department of Defense.
6. Check the message that is displayed and tap Yes.
Data on the hard disk are erased.