5. Hold flanges (A) so that roll holder's white gear is on left, align roll holder shaft with roll
holder slot left and right guide grooves (B), and load.
• Be careful not to drop the roll and hurt yourself when loading it.
• Be careful not to pinch your fingers between the Roll Holder shaft and the guide grooves (B) when
loading the roll paper.
• If the leading edge of the roll paper is secured with tape or a paper band so that it will not unravel,
remove the tape or paper band before loading the roll paper into the roll holder slot.
If you load the paper into the roll holder slot with the leading edge secured, only part of the roll
paper is fed to the paper feed slot, resulting in damage to the roll paper.
• For the procedure for attaching the roll paper to the Roll Holder, see
"Loading Rolls on the Roll