8. Pull out roll paper evenly, insert leading edge between roll paper and arrows (A) directly
beneath it, and feed roll paper until you hear a sound.
• If the roll paper has become unwound, remove the slack before loading the roll paper.
• When feeding the leading edge of the roll paper, make sure the entire width of the roll paper is
separating and feeding from the roll. If the roll paper is fed with some of the roll paper still stuck to
the roll, the roll paper will be damaged.
• Be careful not to soil the printing surface of roll paper as you insert it in the slot. This may affect
the printing quality. We recommend wearing clean cloth gloves when handling rolls to protect the
• If the paper is wrinkled or warped, straighten it out before loading it.
• Load the roll so that there is no gap between the right edge of the paper and the Roll Holder.
• Depending on the paper, the roll paper may be scratched when being fed and not feed well. In this
case, you must feed the paper manually after setting Paper retention setting to Release on the
touch screen. Lift the release lever, advance the roll paper until its leading edge appears on
platen, lower the release lever, and then proceed to the next step. However, if Paper retention
setting is set to Release, automatic switching of the upper and lower rolls is not possible.