Automatic Adjustment to Straighten Lines and Colors
If printed vertical lines are warped or colors are out of alignment, execute Print head alignment and adjust
the print head alignment.
Choose from Auto (standard) or Auto (fine) for automatically adjusting the print head.
Minor warping and misaligned colors can usually be improved by executing Auto (standard). If there is no
improvement, perform Auto (fine).
When you execute Auto (standard) or Auto (fine), the adjustment pattern is printed, and the print head
position is adjusted based on the printing result automatically.
• This function is not available with Tracing Paper, Translucent Matte Film, or Clear Film.
• If adjustment is not possible as expected using special paper, try another type of paper or try Manual
Manual Adjustment to Straighten Lines and Colors
• Because the results of adjustment vary depending on the type of paper used for adjustment, use the
same type of paper as you will use for printing.
• To change the paper type or for more beautiful color borders, perform Auto (standard).
• To ensure clear quality and when replacing the print head, perform Auto (fine) to fine-tune the position
between nozzles and colors.
To ensure high-quality printing, we recommend that you execute Auto (fine).
Items to Prepare
An unused roll at least 10.00 in (254.0 mm) wide
Auto (standard): Three sheets of unused paper, A4/Letter size or larger (or one
sheet when using A2 or larger)
Auto (fine): Five sheets of unused paper, A4/Letter size or larger (or one sheet
when using A2 or larger)
Perform adjustment as follows.
1. Load paper.
Loading Rolls on the Roll Holder