Using Paper Other Than Genuine Paper and feed confirmed Paper
When using this printer to print on paper other than genuine Canon paper and feed confirmed paper, use
paper that meets the following conditions.
• For Canon genuine paper/feed confirmed paper, see "Paper Information List."
• Paper where the size is described in "Paper Sizes" (See
• Paper where the thickness is described in "Paper Thickness" in "Specifications" (See "Specifications.")
• Paper where bleeding and ink overflow does not occur when printing
• Paper that does not warp severely when loading the paper or printing
• If you use paper other than Canon genuine paper and feed confirmed paper, Canon provides absolutely
no guarantees regarding print quality or paper feed properties. For Canon genuine paper/feed
confirmed paper, see "Paper Information List."
After loading the paper in the printer, select the media type in the control panel and printer driver and then
perform the printing. For the media type, you can select easily from existing settings or you can create and
use settings for the paper you are using.
Printing Using Existing Settings
You can print easily by selecting from existing settings provided in the printer control panel and printer
"Printing on Paper Other Than Genuine Paper and feed confirmed Paper Using Existing
Printing Using Additional Settings
You can use the Media Configuration Tool function for adding custom paper to create settings suitable for
non-Canon genuine paper/feed confirmed paper and add as a new media type to the printer's Control
Panel and the printer driver for printing. (See
confirmed Paper by Adding a Media
"Printing on Paper Other Than Genuine Paper and feed