Printing on Paper Other Than Genuine Paper and feed confirmed
Paper by Adding a Media Type
Media Configuration Tool provides a function for adding custom paper for better print quality and improved
paper feed properties when printing on paper other than Canon genuine paper/feed confirmed paper than
when printing with general-purpose settings. You can use this function to configure settings such as the
amount of ink used and the height of the print head according to the characteristics of the paper being used,
and thereby realize higher print quality. Also, you can add the settings created with this function as a new
media type to the printer control panel and printer driver.
For details on Media Configuration Tool, refer as follows.
• Media Configuration Tool Guide (Windows)
• Media Configuration Tool Guide (Mac OS)
• For details on how to select the added media type in the control panel, see
• You can select the media type to be used in printing from Media Type in the Main sheet (Windows)
or Quality & Media (Mac OS) in the printer driver. For details, see
(Windows) or "Quality & Media" (Mac OS).
• We recommend that you use an ICC profile created using commercially available profile creation
software to perform color management accurately on paper other than Canon genuine paper and
feed confirmed paper. You can register the ICC profile you created when creating a custom paper
with Media Configuration Tool.
(See "Adding Custom Paper" (Windows).)
(See "Adding Custom Paper" (Mac OS).)
"Changing the Type of