IJ Network Device Setup Utility
IJ Network Device Setup Utility allows a network/printer administrator to manage printers on network. When
you perform printer setup, the utility is installed at the same time.
Use IJ Network Device Setup Utility for:
• Searching printers on network and performing initial network setup for detected printers
• Performing initial network setup by connecting the printer and computer using a USB cable (Not
available for some models)
• Changing printer network settings
• Checking status between computer on which IJ Network Device Setup Utility is installed and printer if
anything is wrong with connection
• You can use IJ Network Device Setup Utility only on Windows.
• Depending on the printer you are using, an administrator password is already specified for the printer at
the time of purchase. When you change the network settings, authentication by the administrator
password is required.
For improving security, we recommend to change the administrator password.
Changing Administrator Password
• To use the printer over LAN, make sure you have the equipment necessary for the connection type,
such as a wireless router or a LAN cable.
• When you perform setup or install IJ Network Device Setup Utility, disable block function of firewall.
• Do not change network settings using IJ Network Device Setup Utility while printing is in progress.