Types of Paper
The following media types are supported by the printer. For details on the media types supported by the
printer, see "Paper Information List."
• Plain Paper
• Coated Paper
• Photo Paper
• Glossy Paper
• Proofing Paper
• CAD-dedicated Paper Etc.
The Paper Information List includes the following information.
• Types of paper
• Paper handling
• Paper product specifications
• Use precautions
• Setting of printer driver, control panel etc.
• For instructions on using paper not included in the Paper Information List, see
Genuine Paper and feed confirmed
• Method of Updating Supported Paper
Paper that is supported by the printer may be newly released on the Canon website.
To use newly released paper, register the latest paper information on the printer with the Media
Configuration Tool. (See
• Even if you are not using the printer driver, you should install the Media Configuration Tool in order
to register the media types for your region in the printer.
(See "Media Configuration Tool Guide" (Windows).)
(See "Media Configuration Tool Guide" (Mac OS).)
"Using Paper Other Than