server may also be disabled.
In this case, check Enable bidirectional support check box on both the print server system and the
• When you print from a client system, the following functions cannot be used.
◦ Canon imagePROGRAF Preview
◦ Canon imagePROGRAF Free Layout
◦ Edit from PosterArtist Lite
• When the functions on the Maintenance tab cannot be set properly from a client system, they may be
grayed out. In this case, change the settings from the print server.
When you change the settings of the print server, you should delete the icon of the shared printer from
the client system, and then specify the shared settings again in the client system.
• If the same driver installed on the print server is also installed on the client, the network printer icon
may be created automatically.
• If an error occurs when you print a document on a shared printer from a client, the error message of
the Canon IJ status monitor is displayed on both the client and the print server. If a document is
printed out normally, the Canon IJ status monitor is displayed only on the client.