When you insert the sheet, it will adhere automatically to the surface of the platen.
• Load the sheet so that it is parallel to the right paper alignment line (C). Loading paper askew will
cause an error.
• Warped paper may rub against the print head. Straighten paper if it is warped before loading.
• You can also align the cut sheet based on its near edge. In this case, load the cut sheet aligning
its near edge with marks (A) on the platen and the right edge with the right-side paper alignment
• You can adjust the vacuum strength holding the paper against the platen when the release lever is
up. If it is difficult to load the paper, tap Suction on the touch screen and adjust the vacuum
strength. You can adjust the vacuum strength to 5 levels.
However, even if you increase the suction, it may not be sufficient to hold some types of paper
against the platen well. In this case, use your hand to load the paper.
• Sheets are held in place by suction through holes on the platen. Although the suction may
produce a noise when paper is loaded in some positions, it does not indicate a problem. If the