If you have a wireless router, we recommend you use the method described in Connection Using a
When connecting another device while a device is already connected to the printer, connect it using the
same connection method as the connected device.
If you connect using a different connection method, the connection to the device in use will be disabled.
• Connection Using a Wireless Router
◦ Connect the printer and a device using a wireless router.
◦ Connection methods vary depending on the wireless router type.
◦ You can change network settings such as the SSID and security protocol on the printer.
◦ When the connection between a device and a wireless router is completed and
displayed in the device's screen, you can connect the device to the printer using the wireless
• Connection without Using a Wireless Router
◦ Connect the printer and a device without using a wireless router. Connect the device and the
printer directly using the printer's direct connection.
◦ If you connect a device connected to the Internet via a wireless router to the printer that is in the
direct connection, the connection between the device and wireless router will be disabled. In that
case, the connection of the device may switch to a mobile data connection automatically
depending on your device. Transmission fees for connecting to the Internet using a mobile data
◦ In the direct connection, you can connect up to five devices at the same time. If you try to connect
another device while five devices are already connected, disconnect a device you do not use and
configure settings again.
◦ Network settings such as the SSID and security protocol are specified automatically.
(Wi-Fi icon) is