The storage area on the printer's hard disk is divided into a temporary storage area and a permanent
storage area. The temporary storage area stores print jobs in the job queue or shared mailbox. The
permanent storage area stores jobs in personal boxes.
The job queue refers to print jobs that are being processed by the printer (saved, received, prepared
for processing, printed, deleted, or held). Up to 100 jobs can be stored in the temporary storage area.
However, the number of jobs available as queued jobs is up to 64.
Jobs for which you have specified Print in Output Method are saved in the shared mailbox and
classified as saved jobs.
There is one shared mailbox, numbered "00". A password cannot be set for the shared mailbox.
Up to 100 print jobs can be saved here. However, they will be deleted one after another starting with
the oldest job in the following situations.
• If there are over 101 jobs queued and saved in the shared mailbox combined
• If no more temporary storage space is available when jobs for which you have selected Print in
Output Method are received
• If there is not enough space in the temporary or permanent storage area when jobs for which you
have selected Save in Job Box in Output Method are received.
Jobs are classified as saved jobs and saved in personal boxes in the following situations.
• When a saved job stored in the shared mailbox is moved to a personal box
• When you have selected Save in mail box as the option in Output Method
There are 29 personal boxes, numbered "01" to "29". You can specify a name and password for each
Up to 100 print jobs can be saved in all personal boxes combined.