Cleaning the Printer Exterior
Clean the printer regularly to maintain better printing quality and help prevent problems.
To ensure a comfortable working environment, clean the printer exterior about once a month.
1. Turn printer off.
Turning the Printer On and Off
2. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
• Always turn off the printer and unplug the power cord before cleaning or maintenance.
Accidentally leaving the printer on poses a risk of injury if you touch moving parts inside the
3. Wipe away any residue and paper dust with damp cloth that you have wrung out completely
and wipe dry with dry cloth.
• Clean the printer exterior and the power cord plug.
• Open top cover and output guide and clean parts that come in contact with paper (A, B).