• For the winding direction of the roll paper, you can select either outward winding to make the
printed surface on the outside of the roll or inward winding to make the printed surface on the
inside of the roll.
11. Follow these steps to secure the leading edge of the roll paper to the paper core with tape.
• If message appears on touch screen to confirm whether or not to advance paper automatically so
it can be secured with tape
1. Tap Yes.
The leading edge of the roll paper advances until it is close to the roll unit.
2. Hold center of leading edge of roll paper, align right edge of take-up spool paper core's right
edge and tape center to paper core while pulling on roll paper evenly.
• If winding with inward winding, you must pass the leading edge of the roll paper to the
back of the paper core and secure with tape. If this operation is difficult, you can also
remove the roll holder, push the roll paper into the back, reinstall the roll holder, and pass
the roll paper to the back of the paper core.
3. Align right edge of roll paper to right edge of paper core while pulling on roll paper evenly, and
secure with tape.
4. While making sure that roll paper is flat, secure left edge of roll paper to paper core with tape.